Big Book of Gizmos & Gadgets
Make wildly inspired mechanical marvels from wood with the step-by-step projects and full-sized patterns inside Big Book of Gizmos & Gadgets!
- 15 clever projects including a rubber band gun, wooden gear machine, varied automatons, & more
- Full-size pattern pack attached to the back of the book in a handy pull-out pouch
- Beginner-friendly to advanced projects so you’ll be sure to find something new and fun to make, no matter your skill level
- Make a wooden machine with your own two hands that actually moves
- Learn from woodworking experts like Clayton Boyer, Bob Gilsdorf, Dug North, Richard Packer, & David Wakefield
Inside this curated collection of the best projects from Fox Chapel Publishing’s popular Gizmos and Gadgets magazine, you’ll find ingenious plans for making 15 wildly inspired mechanical marvels from wood. These working wooden wonders might just be the most enjoyable projects you ever build in your shop!
Well-illustrated step-by-step projects are arranged by skill level from beginner to advanced, with full-sized, pull-out patterns attached to the book in a handy pouch.
Projects range from a Rapid-Fire Rubber Band Gun and a Wooden Padlock Treasure Chest to noisemakers and classic automatons for cowboys, ballerinas, cats, ships, and more.
Create fun games and toys for the whole family, and discover the secrets of kinetic sculpture to build your own interactive wooden gear machine!
The shop-tested designs for 15 clever contraptions include:
- Rapid-Fire Rubber Band Gun
- Interactive Wooden Gear Machine
- Mad Scientist Frankenswitch
- Two-Track Marble Racer
- Amazing Automatons
- Wooden Ratchet Noisemaker
- …and many more!